Brantley Richard

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 28, 2011

37 weeks (February 19-25)

How our baby's growing:
Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.) Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

In other news...

I started my weekly doctor's appointments last week, so I went back again this week. My blood pressure was a little high on Tuesday so my doctor had me go to the hospital for some blood work and NST (nonstress test) to check on the baby. Everything was fine at the hospital and I was scheduled to go back to see my doctor on Thursday for another BP check, NST, and ultrasound. Well on Thursday, my BP was still high but Brantley was doing well on the NST and on the ultrasound. (Which is the great news!) His heartrate is normal, my fluid is at a good level, and he is healthy! She is guessing that he weighs about 7 lb 13 oz right now (which is a pretty big boy!) and she said that he has a big head and big feet! The big feet totally explain why my ribs hurt all of the time cause that's where he likes to keep them! :) My doc wanted me to complete a 24 urine test and return to the hospital on Saturday morning for another BP check and NST. She also suggested that I not return to work so that I could rest and keep my BP low. I went back to the hospital as planned on Saturday and all of the tests were still normal, but my BP is only low when laying down...which shows the need for moderate bedrest. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday and the nurse at the hospital said that she might mention induction at that time, so we'll see.

So, Friday was my last day at work. We did have a field trip that day, but it was a fun way to spend my last day with the kiddos. I told them that my doctor wanted me to stay home and rest before the baby is born and they seemed to be okay with that. They just want me to bring Brantley to visit them when he does arrive! I stayed a little longer after school to straighten up my classroom and get things are ready as possible for my substitute. I was mostly ready but there were still a few things that I had to take care of.

My mom also came into town on Friday to help me do some cleaning this weekend. It was a good thing that she did come because she was able to scrub and thoroughly clean because I couldn't do a whole lot! While she cleaned, I helped by straightening up and mostly finishing the nursery. Here are some pictures of Brantley's room.





No comments:

Post a Comment