Happy 1st Father's Day to Mike! Brantley is so blessed to have such a great daddy! After church, we took daddy to eat at his restaurant of choice- Gilligan's. We had a yummy lunch and then came home. Mike has been doing what he likes to do best- watching sports all afternoon (baseball, NASCAR, and soccer)! Brantley even seems interested in watching too! :)
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Brantley and I went to visit some friends yesterday who were staying at Edisto Beach. I purchased a tent for him to use to keep him out of the sun and he ended up sleeping in it pretty much the whole time! (other than when we went inside the house to eat!)
True "Beach Bum"! :)
Before we left though, I wanted to see what he thought about the water. The first wave was a little big and I think it scared him! It's hard to imagine but next year I probably won't be able to keep him out of the water! :) Hopefully this won't be our last trip to the ocean this summer either!
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
He got excited and started flapping around! It was so cute! :)
Brantley is 3 months old today! He is still continuing to gain weight and now weighs 11 lb, 12 oz. We will go back to the doctor for his 4 month well-visit next month. Here are somethings that he is doing right now:
- His head support is getting much better. He can now hold it up mostly by himself and can sit up with help.
- He likes to "stand" in our laps. He has some strong legs! :)
- He sleeps about 8 hours each night!! Woo Hoo! :) Normally from about 10pm to 6am.
- During the day, he still eats about every 3 hours totaling 6 times a day.
- He still takes about 4 naps a day.
- He has rolled over from front to back a couple of times while on his play mat.
- He is very active...he loves to kick his legs and wave his arms while on his play mat and in his bouncy chair.
- He will smile when he is talked to and has started to coo. We try to "talk" back to him to teach him about talking turns in conversation. :)
- He loves his hands, which are constantly in his mouth! Anyone know how early babies start to teethe??? We are wondering if this is the start?
- He has started to take naps in his crib in hopes of him getting used to it so he can start sleeping in it at night.