Brantley Richard

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 6, 2011

34 weeks (January 29- February 4)

How our baby's growing:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

On Saturday, my mom came to town and we went to see the newest addition to our family in Florence. My cousin Jennifer and Bud Sarvis had sweet baby Ellie McClain on Wednesday. They had just come home from the hospital that day. She is such a cutie! I can't wait for her to meet Brantley went he arrives!

This week I had also two more baby showers. One of them was hosted by wonderful teaching assistant Peggy on Sunday. Everything was amazing, especially all of the yummy food! :) I feel so blessed to have such an amazing kindergarten team and friends from work!

The wonderful host, Peggy, and me.

The yummy and cute cake made by Peggy's daughter Tammy.

The other baby shower was at school on Thursday afternoon. It was a joint shower for Allison McMeans and myself. Allison is due at the end of this month!! Mike was able to come to this shower to share in the excitement. Thanks to the kindergarten and fourth grade teams for hosting such a nice shower!

Mike, me and Peggy.

Cute "Super Tiger" cape from 5th grade!

I also had another doctor's appointment this week. I met with another doctor in the practice who was super nice and said that things are progressing as they should be! Brantley's heartbeart was at 140. He told me that at my next visit I will have the Strep B test and my cervix will be checked. This is also when I start my weekly visits!! The time for Brantley to arrive is almost here!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment