Brantley Richard

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

38 weeks (February 26- March 4)

How our baby's growing:
Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after he's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

In other news...
This week I didn't go to work and it was kinda nice to just be able to relax a little bit before things get very busy! I had two doctor's appointments this week- one on Tuesday and then again on Thursday. On Tuesday, I had another NST done. Everything was fine and normal, along with my blood pressure. My cervix had also started to dilate and was at 1 cm. She also mentioned being induced after 39 weeks (which is this coming week) due to his predicted size and not wanting me to develop preeclampsia . On Thursday, I had yet another NST and BP check. Everything was still good. So now we are just playing the waiting game. I go back to the doctor tomorrow (Monday) and hopefully we will have some news on when I will be induced!! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I'm working on it. :) I am writing about his birth and then I will post an update. Come see us soon! :)

    ReplyDelete